Sunder is IndieCade 2014 Audience Choice Award Winnier !
Sunder is a 2D color-coded co-op puzzle platformer where two players share the same screen but view the environment differently.
The game is currently being developed using our own custom-made Mocha Engine which my sophomore game team build from scratch.
The game features communication between two players where one player wears a blue decoder glasses and the other wears a red one. The players can only see the world with respect to their own color. Using this unique mechanic, players are reliant on one another and have to figure out how to solve puzzles and defeat bosses together.
My role in this game:
Lead Physics Programmer:
- Architected constraint-based rigid body physics engine.
- implemented GJK algorithm and Oriented Bounding Box theory (OBB) for collision detection.
- implemented constraint based for resolution.
- implemented ray casting for editor.
- implemented basic movement for main characters.
- Wrote scripts for level switching/ level progression.